Shelving, Inc. has been in business for over 57 years providing shelving and storage products to help our customers be more comfortable in their own space. In a nutshell, our mission is to "rack your world" with shelving, racks and other storage products. Our strong culture of work hard, play hard, and have fun has allowed us to attract a very talented group of individuals to join our team. We're not the biggest, but we feel that we are the best. We currently have 2 locations: one in Auburn Hills, MI and one in Madison Heights, MI. Check here for any open job postings.
We are looking first and foremost for an excellent and engaging writer with a passion for ecommerce...and shelves! While this can be a technical job, we are willing to train a promising and excited candidate to make them the perfect fit.
We currently sell from two websites - Shelving.com (more industrial, business focused) and TheShelvingStore.com (more residential focused), and one of the challenges of this job is to balance our content to appeal to both industrial and residential audiences.
The person in this position will be adding products to our websites using Excel and our shopping cart platforms, Volusion and Magento. This entails writing compelling product descriptions, cropping photos, some use of SEO, updating Excel spreadsheets to and adherence to our style guide. An ideal candidate would also be comfortable and enjoy working in Excel. If you can learn, we can teach!
- Create product descriptions that appeal to both industrial and residential consumers
- Add and edit product images using Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Communicate with vendors to ensure timely acquisition of quality product information and images for new and old products
- Update spreadsheets to import correct pricing and stock status
- Responsible for working with vendors and coworkers to maintain accurate product information such as images, pricing, stock, product weights, costs and related products
- Keep current with emerging competition, perform routine price comparisons for represented product lines and make adjustments as needed
- Look for new product lines to add to our sites
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills and proper use of grammar
- Great at writing engagingly, persuasively, and creatively
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in related field such as English, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
- Volusion and/or Magento experience
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic Photoshop experience
- This is a full-time job (40 hours)
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, with a half hour lunch
- Must have reliable transportation and be punctual
- First date dress code (This means you dress for work as you would on a first date: not too fancy and not too casual)
- Compensation: $15/hr
- Paid time off and paid holidays available after 3-month trial period
- Health insurance and IRA offered after 1 year
- This is a smoke-free workplace